Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Track Meet


Saturday was my first outdoor track meet of the season. It is exciting to finally have this seasons meets begin. My track team still has a lot of areas that we need to improve on but having our first meet helps us to get a better idea of some of the things we need to work on and allows us to get some times on all of the runners to get a better judgment of what events everyone should be running in.
One thing that my team really needs to work on is handoffs for relays. In most of the relays that my team ran yesterday, the handoffs were slowing us down.  If we can perfect our handoffs we might be able to drop a few seconds from each of our relay times. It will also be easier to improve our handoffs if our relays were more set in stone. It is still very early in the season so some of the people in the relays may be changed but once they stay fairly consistent it will be easier to improve hand offs because then the people running will normally be handing off to the same person.
I ran three four hundred meters yesterday. My time was pretty consistent in all three of them. I still have a lot of work to do and a lot of time to drop off of my four hundreds if I want to be able to run at state. My team has another track meet on Tuesday and hopefully I can improve my times more if the meet isn’t cancelled because of bad weather. On Saturday the weather for our track meet was pretty good for our first meet. I was expecting it to be colder and windier than it actually was. At the meet there was actually little wind and it was really sunny, my face even got sunburnt.
I am very excited to finally be able to start running track meets this season. Hopefully I can improve my times and my handoffs as well as my track team. There is only a little over a month before track state and hopefully my team can improve a lot before then. (367)

No comments:

Post a Comment