Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Summer Running


            The summer is a great time for me to put in hours running. During the school year I find it difficult to find time for running in the winter when I am not in track or cross country season because of all the homework I have to do but in the summer I have plenty of time to run.
            School can be very stressful and I always have a lot of homework or studying I need to do for school but in the summer I don’t have to worry about any school work. I can focus more on running during the summer. I normally do some babysitting during the summer and I might get a job this year but I will still have plenty of spare time that I can use to run and train for my cross country season.
            I also enjoy running in the summer because I can actually run in the morning. It can be nice to run right when you wake up and get it out of the way so you don’t have to worry about running later in the day. During the school year I normally don’t want to get up at five in the morning to run because then I will lose a lot of sleep and probably be tired all day so I am forced to run in the afternoon after school and after a long day at school I normally just want to stay at home and relax and not have to worry about running. I can also run with some of my teammates on the trail by Kennedy during the summer where in the winter it is normally too cold to run outside so I have to run inside by myself.
            One down side of running in the summer is that it can get really hot. Running eight miles in one hundred degree weather is definitely not fun. If I wake up early enough in the day I can normally avoid some of the heat but on some days it doesn’t matter how early you wake up it is still really hot outside.
I am looking forward to running in the summer. In the summer I have more time to run without having any schoolwork and can run with my teammates on the trail. I also enjoy being able to run in the morning so I am able to free up the rest of my day. (405)

No comments:

Post a Comment