Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Limited Time


            My most busy time of the year is always during track season. I find my free time to continue to shrink during track season. There are so many meets to run in and it is also approaching the end of the school year so homework and studying also seems to be increasing with less time to complete it.  

            In cross country season I also have meets as I do in track season but not as many and they normally don’t last as long.  During cross country season there is only one thing you can run at a meet and it is two and a half miles. Running two and a half miles at a pretty fast pace can be very tiring and so during the season we normally only ever have one meet each week. In track I will normally have at least two meets a week and a lot of times one of them will be on a Saturday and in cross county there is normally very few Saturday meets.

            Cross county meets also take much less time than track meets do. In cross country there is normally only the junior varsity race and the varsity race and sometimes there is a freshman sophomore race so a total of three different races. In track meets there are so many events so track meets last much longer than cross country meets. Most track meets may last around five hours and when I have track meets on Saturday I am normally at the meet for seven hours and I don’t even have to be there early for a field event. Cross country meets normally only last about two or three hours so I can actually do some of my homework after a cross country meet whereas after a track meet I have hardly any time to do homework.

            During the spring and track season I also have to start to study and prepare for my AP tests. This year I have three AP tests that I have to study and prepare for and the tests are right around the time that we have state track so during the spring I am slammed with preparing for track and my AP tests.
            The spring is my busiest time of the year and I am normally always really stressed out. I have to start to study for my AP tests and I have so many track meets that always take up most if not all of my day. In the winter I don’t even have a sport so I have a lot of free time and in the spring I only have Cross County which has more spread out and shorter meets then track does. (451)

No comments:

Post a Comment