Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Need for Motivation


             I enjoy coming to school at eight every day during the summer in order to run with my teammates. It is always had for me to find my own motivation and without others to run with I would probably hardly ever run. My sisters also help motivate me to run by pushing me to do my best and to challenge myself.        
While I really do enjoy running I still need the motivation to get me to actually run. The hardest part of running is actually starting to run. When I am actually in the middle of a run I am normally enjoying myself unless the practice is really difficult that day. I also always really enjoy finishing my run. After I have just had a challenging practice or a long run I always feel really accomplished and just feel better because of the great workout that I had and all the calories I burn. While I enjoy actually running and how I feel after I run, I am really lazy and find it hard to actually get up and get ready to go outside and run.
Running can still be really hard and you get really sweaty and stinky after a workout and I don’t always look forward to those parts of running. Before I start my run I always think of all the other things that I could be doing and all the foods I could be eating instead of running that I have to force myself to get up and run so it can help to have other people who motivate you to run.

 My older sister loves running and is very dedicated to running. She is much more dedicated to running than I am and tries to run every day while I don’t mind skipping a few days here and there. Without my sister I would hardly run at all during the summer or off seasons but she always drags me out of the house to run with her. My teammates also motivate me to run because I don’t like running by myself and it can be easier and more enjoyable to run in a group.

For the most part I enjoy running but sometimes I can find it difficult to actually force myself to go on a run. Once I actually start running I end up loving it but I can’t always find the motivation to get up, put on my shoes and go outside to run.  My sisters and teammates help motivate me to run and help push me to be the best runner that I can be. (433) 

No comments:

Post a Comment