Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Going to State


                Drake Relays came to an end this weekend and now state track is only a few weeks away. I really want to be able to go to state this year and so I really need to make sure that I am giving all my effort in the last few weeks in and outside of practice.  With the times that I am running right now I would probably not be able to make it to state except for maybe as an alternate but if I can drop a few seconds off of my four hundred meter time than maybe I would be able to run at state.
                If I want to improve my time so I can run at state I need to make sure that I am working hard. I need to make sure that I am going to practice every day and that I am running as fast as I can during practice and that I continue push myself and to try my best. I also might need to consider lifting some weights outside of practice so I can strengthen myself more in hopes that that will also help me to improve my four hundred times.
                Outside of practice I also need to make sure that I am trying to eat only mostly healthy foods. Eating really unhealthy foods and eating a lot of junk food could really slow me down when I am running and slow down my times. So I need to make sure that I am avoiding eating fast food and I need to avoid eating too much candy or sweets. Instead I need to make sure that I am eating a lot of fruits and vegetables and that I am getting enough protein and vitamins. By making sure to eat healthier food over unhealthy food I can make sure that I am in a better position to run the fastest times that I can.
                My freshman year I went to state as an alternate in the four by eight hundred meter relay and my sophomore year I went to state in the four but one hundred meter relay and in the distance medley relay.  I hope this year that I will not only be an alternate but that I will actually get to run at drake and to do so I need to make sure that I am trying my hardest, going to practice every day and that I am eating healthy food. (408)

No comments:

Post a Comment