Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Spikes


Running spikes can be important to help you run faster times during races. My coach claims that if you wear spikes for the first time during one of your races you will drop forty seconds off of your time. I'm not exactly sure if that is true but is still believe that running with spikes can help to improve your time.

Spikes are a lighter weight shoe then normal training shoes. By decreasing the weight of your shoes spikes can help to lower your times. When you are running with spikes and your spikes dig into the ground on the course it also helps give more traction so your feet aren’t slipping and that also helps you run faster.

Spikes can also be very dangerous shoes to wear. When wearing spikes it is a good idea to try to make sure you don't spike anyone and that no one spikes you. It can hurt. When we were just about to start one of our races I was pulling my leg up to stretch and accidently spiked one of my teammates who started to bleed right away so she had to run with blood on her leg during the whole race.

Running with spikes can also create problems at the starting line. If you spike someone at the very beginning of the race and the person falls then the starter has to shot his gun and everyone has to come back and restart the race. Though tripping someone when wearing regular shoes during the start of a race can also have the same effect.

Spikes are also fun to wear. Many spikes have fun and bright colors that stand out. I bought my spikes from running wild and they are bright orange and blue. Another nice thing about spikes is that you don’t have to buy them as often as other shoes. You wear your training shoes everyday so they get warn out very easily but you only wear spikes during races so it takes a lot longer to wear them out so you don’t have to buy them as often.

I wear spikes for all of my meets and I believe that they do help me run faster because they provide traction and are lighter weight. I also really enjoy the bright colors of my spikes that stand out during the race. If you don’t wear spikes during races you should consider to start wearing them because they could help you run faster and drop your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment