Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Running Family


My family is a family built up of runners. My dad ran track for three years when he was in high school and my mom ran track one year when she was in high school. My older sister is a senior and has been running track and cross country since she was in seventh grade. My younger sister is in ninth grade and has done running club, track and cross country. I have been running track since seventh grade and cross country since I was in eighth grade.

My dad was more of a short distance runner and ran a lot of one hundred meter and two hundred meter races. He also went to the state track meet a few years during his high school running career. My sisters are more of long distance runners. My older sister placed eighth at the cross country state meet last year and also placed eighth in the three thousand meters at the state track meet. I enjoy running more of mid distance races like the four hundred meter race and the eight hundred meter race and I think I may try doing hurdles in track this year.

I think it is very important to have a family that has also participated in the same sport as the one you do or one that supports you in your sport. Without my dad and my sister I probably wouldn’t be as encouraged to run cross country and track and try as hard to be my best. My older sister has influenced me a lot in my running. Without her I probably wouldn’t have every gone out for cross country or track. My sister is only a year older than me so I tend to follow in her footsteps a lot so when she choose to go out for running sports I also decided to go out for them as well. My parents are also very supportive of my running. My parents try to go to all of my meets and my dad looks up a lot of the running stats and tells me what I should be running and what my competition is. I think it is very important to have a supportive family. Without my family I wouldn’t be where I am with my running that I’m at today.
(385)

No comments:

Post a Comment