Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Especially for You Race


Running road races can be can be a great thing especially if you are running for a certain cause. Some races are set up as fundraisers to help to fund for a certain cause. Many of the races will allow you to choose whether you participate by running or walking so if you are not big on running but still want to participate you can always walk. Since I am a runner and enjoy running in races it is great to be able to sign up for a race knowing not only do I get to help people but I also get to do it by doing one of my favorite things, running.

This weekend on Sunday I am participating in the especially for you race that is for breast cancer. I am going to be running the race with my friends. The race should be a fun event but is also very important because it raises money to help with breast cancer. I get to run and have a good time with my friends while still helping a great cause.

The breast cancer race I went to had a great turn out. There were tons of people there, a total of 15,000 people. Everyone there was wearing their red shirts for the race so there was a huge sea of people wearing red all going to participate to help fundraise for breast cancer. There were so many people there that by the time the first place runner finished the race at a time of about 17:20 there were still people trying to cross the starting line to start the race. The race also had many people from different places. There were people at the race from 35 of the states and also from three different countries.
After you finished the race you could go get water and other snacks that were provided for the racers. You could also go see your results of the race. The race used electronic chips this year for the first time so you could see your results right away. It was also nice to use the chips because the chips start timing you from when you crossed the start and finish line so it doesn’t count all the extra time it took for you to even start the race. I would recommend running races that a for a good cause because you are able to help fundraise for that cause while having fun and running.  

No comments:

Post a Comment