Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fat Week


Today is my last race so that means I get to start my fat week next week. My fat week is the week after my season ends where I don’t run and eat tons of food. I like to eat lots of the unhealthy food that I don’t normally get to eat during my season. My sister kind of came up with the idea of having a fat week. We both love to eat a lot of unhealthy food but it’s not always a good idea to eat unhealthy food during your season so we go all out the week after are season ends and eat as much and whatever food we want.

             If you are a runner you probably enjoy eating as much food as I do and would also enjoy having a fat week. During my season I still eat a lot of food but I try to cut down on some of the unhealthy foods. Yesterday I really wanted to drink a pop but I had my last meet the next day and I didn’t want to be hydrated so I am saving the pop for my fat week when I can drink as much pop as I want. During my fat week I like to eat tons of candies and sweets. I also eat lots of ice cream. I eat ice cream during my normal season too but I try to cut back a little so during my fat week I will normally eat ice cream more than once a day. I also get lots of frappes. I will get frappes form Starbucks or even get the really unhealthy ones from McDonalds.  I will also like to order twenty chicken nuggets from McDonalds or Wendy’s one day.

            I think having a fat week can be a good idea if you’re a runner as long as you only have a couple a year. Running everyday takes a lot of energy and burns a lot of calories so at the end of your season it is nice to have a week were you can try to gain some calories and eat all the delicious food you normally try to avoid eating. I have my fat week two times a year. One week after cross country season and another the week after track season. My fat weeks are probably my favorite weeks of the year because I get to eat whatever I want and it’s the only weeks of the year when I don’t have to run every day.

2 comments:

  1. That is really funny...I think it's interesting how athletes eat a lot and that you have two fat weeks where you can eat whatever you want. I think they should do that for swimming as well as other sports because the amount of calories that we lose on season is tremendous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, it's unique and enjoyable. This post captures my attention because your blog is about running and fat week kind of contradicts to your topic. It's a very creative post

    ReplyDelete