Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Cross Country Comes to an End


Cross country season is coming to an end. There is only one week left for the junior varsity and the freshman and sophomores on my cross country team. Our last meet is on Thursday. The varsity runners on my team have the possibility of having three more weeks left. They have this week then the state qualifying meet and then the state meet if they are able to qualify.

I can’t believe how fast the season has gone by. Time seems to go by so fast. I remember at the beginning of the season it seemed like it would take forever for the end but now the end has finally came. I am very sad that our season is almost over and I’m going to miss cross country and all of the people until the season starts again next year.

I am also very disappointed to have only one more meet left. I still haven’t reached my time goal for this year yet. I have gotten close but am still not quite there and now I only have one more meet, one more chance to reach my time goal until next year. During this cross country season when I have been running my races and haven’t quite reached my target time yet I knew that I still had more meets and more chances to try to get my target time but now I only have one more chance. It is a lot of pressure to try to reach my target time and I hope that I am able to do it.

I also hope to be an alternate for cross country state this year. You can only run seven runners in the state meet but you can bring alternates in case someone gets injured or is unable to run. Your team can bring three alternates and right now I am one of the top ten runners on my team so I have a possibility of  going to state if I can remain in the top ten and if my coach brings three alternates to state because sometimes he chooses to bring only one or two.

The last meet of your cross country team can be a lot of pressure because you want to end the season well and run a good time. It can also be sad to see the cross country season come to an end but it’s nice to have some time off before track season starts again in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment