Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Running with Music


Should you run with music? I think it depends on where and how long you are running if you decide you want to listen to music when you are running. Really long runs can get really boring so it can be nice to have music to listen to during your run. When I have to run over thirty minutes by myself I like to bring an iPod to listen to when I'm running. Listening to music can help the time pass faster. Running long distances can seem to take forever especially when it is really quiet so it can help to bring music so your run seems to go by quicker.

Listening to music can help on long runs but it can also be a downside because you have to bring an iPod to listen to the music on. You can buy certain things made for running with music like and arm band to put your iPod in so you don't have to hold your music player when you run but I don't own anything like that so when I want to listen to music when I'm running I have to hold my iPod in my hand and it gets sweaty and bothersome to have to run with. I am also always afraid that I will drop my iPod when I'm running.
 
Besides having to hold your music player when you’re running it can also be annoying to wear headphones. My headphones always fall out when I’m running. Even if I were to buy headphones that would stay in my ear better it wouldn’t help because I always hit the headphone’s cord with my arm when I’m running and that yanks my ear buds out too.

In the summer when I run by myself is when I will occasionally bring my iPod to listen to music on and it helps my run be more entertaining. During cross country season I never listen to music when I run. When I have practice I have my whole team that I can run with and talk with while I’m running so I don’t need to listen to music. You also can’t have iPods during races so I find it pointless to get used to running with music when you can’t in a race. Running while listening to music can be helpful on long runs and when you are running by yourself but it can be bothersome to have to run with a music player and you can’t listen to music when you are racing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment