Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Winter Running


Running in the winter can be very difficult if you live somewhere where it gets really cold and snows like I do. I need to run in the winter so I can get in shape and get prepared for the track season in the spring but as the winter progresses it gets harder to run outside.

When there is snow on the ground and the temperature is below zero it is probably not a good idea to run outside but until we reach the point of snow or super cold temperatures, I try to run outside as long as I can while the weather permits.

I think running outside is better than running inside so I try to stay outside and run for as long as I can.  I think running outside is better for thing because it is less boring. If you run inside on a treadmill you stay in one place and I get bored very easily that I always want to stop running right away so running inside normally cuts my runs short.

I also think that while running on treadmills can still help you stay in shape you don’t get as much of a workout as when you run outside. When you run on treadmills some of the muscles that you use when run outside or on a track aren’t used. Because not all your muscles are used on a treadmill I try to go to the gym for some of my runs during the winter.

I am glad that I can go to the gym during the winter to run. The gym I go to has a track that I can run on so I can get ready for my track season. The only problem with the gym is that to run a mile in the gym you have to run ten laps so that can also get very boring. Another problem of running in at the gym it can get really busy and is kind of far away. I think running outside as long as the weather permits is a good idea because it can be boring to run inside and you may not get the same workout you would get as when you run outside.
(372)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment