Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Runnnig and Eating


A great part of being a runner is that you burn a lot of calories when you run. When I burn a lot of calories during a day it makes me think that I can eat more food. I love food and running and burning calories is an excuse for me to eat lots of food.

            Running not only gives me an excuse to eat a lot of food but also gives me an excuse to eat a lot of unhealthy food. After I just worked out by running five to eight miles I want to eat lots of food. I actually want to eat lots of food all the time even when I don’t run but I feel better about myself when I eat tons of food after I have already ran for that day or plan to run later. When I see cookies or cupcakes sitting on my kitchen counter I always think to myself why not eat it because it taste amazing and I ran today so I shouldn’t get fat or anything.

            I think running also makes you hungrier and allows you to eat more food than if you didn’t run. When I take a week off from running after my season I never seem to be as hungry or able to eat as much food as I can during my cross country season. I like to eat food because it taste good so I like to run if it allows me to eat more food without getting to full. All of my friends who are runners also seem to eat more than most people do so I think running or working out lets you eat more or makes you hungrier because of the calories you lose form running.

            The one downside to wanting to eat more food is that at school with the new provisions of Michelle Obama’s lunch program you get less food for lunch so I am always hungry during the day and during cross country practice so I decided to bring my own snacks and food each day to school so my stomach isn’t growling while the teacher is trying to teach. Michelle Obama’s plan, I think also just makes me eat more unhealthy at home than I did before because now I crave all of the really unhealthy food and am never full after lunch so when I get home from school I like to eat ice cream, some cookies and cupcakes.

            One of the main reasons that I enjoy running is that I feel like I have an excuse to eat more food or to eat unhealthy food. It’s not a really good excuse but I still use it as an excuse. I think that because running bums calories runners tend to eat more than those who don’t work out.
(470)

No comments:

Post a Comment