Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Hurdles


                Some events in track are much different than other normal running events or even cross country because you not only have to run but you have to jump over a hurdle. Running hurdles in track can be very difficult especially if you aren’t very tall. I think the four hundred hurdles is the most difficult events in a track meet. Not only do you have to be coordinated enough to jump over the hurdles but you also have to run 400 meters which takes a lot of endurance and speed.

                I think hurdling is one of the more difficult parts of track because you not only have to be able to run really fast to be good at hurdles you also have to be coordinated and able to jump over the hurdles. I also think hurdling is difficult because it can be easy to accidently hit a hurdle or fall over a hurdle. Hitting a hurdle might not be a big deal except that it may freak you out and so you may end up hitting or falling over more hurdles which will slow you down. Falling down because you tripped on a hurdle is a bigger problem though because you will obviously have a slower time.

                If you practice hurdles a lot and are very good at running hurdles, you probably don’t have many issues making it over the hurdles and probably make it over the hurdles ninety percent of the time.  It’s the other ten percent of the time when you may accidently hit the hurdle or fall down that sucks especially if it is during a big race like the state qualifying or the state meet.

                Even though hurdling is difficult and may lead to you falling it can still be very fun and I enjoy running hurdles every once and a while. I practiced hurdles the other day with other hurdles on the track team after school and I am considering running hurdles during track season. If I can get the hang of jumping over hurdles, I think it would be very cool to run them during track meets.

                Running hurdles takes much more coordination then running other track events or cross country so it can be very difficult to do but I think if you pursue hurdles and can get the hang of running them it can be a very fun event to be involved in. 
(401)                                                                                                                        
  

1 comment:

  1. I really like reading your posts, I think you have lots of good and informative stuff to say. You structure your writing very well and I don't get lost at all, I enjoy reading it. I'm thinking about going out for track this year and doing hurdles, but I don't know for sure yet.

    ReplyDelete