Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Strength


 It is very important to get in shape before a cross country, track or any sport season. To get in shape for track and cross country it is very important to run because that’s the only thing you really do in those sports. If you don’t run before the start of a season chances are you will be behind all of the other athletes and you will probably have a better season overall if you run before your season starts.

Running is very important for getting in shape for your season but there are other things you can do that will also help you get in shape and prepared for the season. One thing that you can do to get in shape is to incorporate weights into your training. If you are a runner I think it is a good idea to have strong arms and legs because your arms and legs are obviously an important part of running. Using weights, if you use them right, they should help strengthen your arms and legs. I think it is also important to make sure you don’t become too muscular because muscle can also weigh a lot and slow you down when you are running.

I think it is also important to have a strong core. In track last year we did planks a lot before we ran so we could work on strengthening our core. During the winter, to prepare for my track season I have been doing a lot of workout videos before or after I run because I’m not always sure on what to do to strengthen my arms, legs and core and so following along in exercise videos helps. I have a lot of different videos that I do to get stronger. Some of the workout videos I use are Kettleworxs, Julian, T-25 and Gilad. Some videos focus more on the core and others on cardio or strength so I normally alternate between a few of them so I can make sure I am working on my core and strengthening my arms and legs.

Running is very important to make sure you are getting in shape for your season and if you don’t run, the first week of practice will be really difficult and you may fall behind. Though running is very important for preparing for your season, it can also be important to make sure that you are also working on your strength because strength can also help you with your running.
(415)

No comments:

Post a Comment