Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Running Form


Having a good running form is a very important part of running. By having a good running form it can help you to run faster but it can also be very difficult to develop a good running form. To have a good running form you want to make sure you bring your knees up high enough and aren’t dragging your feet. You also want to have good arms. Your arms shouldn’t be too high or too low. You also want to make sure you aren’t moving or swinging your shoulders to much when you move your arms. It is also good to keep your head up and to not be starting down at the ground. With so many things to think about to have a good running form it can be very difficult to have one but it is very useful if you can perfect your running form.

I think it is very hard to have a good running form unless it comes naturally to you. If you start out running with a bad running form, I think it is very hard to change your style because you are so use to the way you have always been running. I have always had bad running form and my parents and coach always point out what I need to work on to improve my running form but it’s a very slow process and I have yet to have perfected my form.

I first worked on bringing up my knees more and lengthening my stride. While I have improved on bringing up my knees I think I still need improvement. Now I am working on improving my arms. Apparently I swing my shoulders when I run and it slows me down when I am running so I am trying not to swing my shoulders but it’s really hard to improve on because I can’t even tell that I swing my shoulders. I have been working on improving my arms by not swinging my shoulders for about a year and I don’t think I have made much improvement but hopefully if I keep working on it and concentrating on fixing my shoulders I will slowly improve.

If you can pinpoint some bad parts of your running, I think it is important to try to improve your form. It is a good idea to try to work on your running form when you are doing a long or an easier run so you can concentrate on your form and not completely on the run. Having a bad form can slow you down so it’s important to try to have a good running form. Having a bad running form can also cause some injuries and having a better running form could help prevent possible injuries so it’s a good idea to try to improve your running form if you need to.
(476)

No comments:

Post a Comment