Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Motivation



           It can be very hard to find motivation to run in your off season. It would be so much easier to stay inside your house and eat food instead of running but it is very important to get outside and run so you can get in shape for your next season. It’s important to make sure you are in shape for your season so you can have an excellent running season.

            When it’s cold out and I’m not in a sport it is hard for me to find any motivation to run. One way I find some motivation to run in the winter is by setting goals for my season. I set certain time goals that I want to meet in the track season that seem very impossible and goals that I know I can’t reach if I don’t run in the off season. For example I set a goal this year of running about three or four seconds faster on my 400 meter race in track then I ran last year and I know it will be a very hard goal to reach especially if I take the whole winter off of running. By setting hard goals for me to reach it encourages me to work extra hard in the winter so I can try and reach them.

            Another way I get motivation to run in the winter is by running with other people. Running with other people during the winter motivates me because I don’t like running by myself. It seems easier to run with other people then running by myself because running with others is more entertaining. Running with other people also helps to push me to work harder. When I run by myself I normally only want to run a few miles but when I am running with other people I find it easier to run more miles and push myself. I also tend to run at a faster pace when I run with others because it can be hard to keep up a faster pace by yourself and when you are running with others you can push each other’s running paces.

            I think it is very important to run during the winter to prepare for track but it can be very difficult to find the motivation to run. If you can find motivation to run it can help you improve your times during your season. I think running with others and setting goals for your track season are good ways to motivate yourself during the winter months.
(422)

No comments:

Post a Comment