Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Weeks


                I should ideally be running most of the 365 days in a year but in reality I tend to take a lot of breaks during the winter and I also take the weekends off a lot too. Track season just ended for me on Friday and now I also plan to take another week break before I start my running again for this summer and for training for cross country season.
                I should be running every week in the year with the exception of the week after track season and the week after cross country season. Cross country and track season don’t allow for a lot of breaks in your running and so really the only ideal time to be able to take a week off of running is after your season.  I need to run in the summer because those are the weeks leading up to cross country season and I also need to run in the winter because those are the weeks leading up to my track season. I also obviously need to run in the spring and the fall because those are the weeks in which I am actually in my cross country or track season. Since that means that I normally end up needing to run every week of the year it is nice to take a week off of running after each of my seasons.
                Even though I should be running every week of the year except for two I normally don’t run every single day of the week and I find myself taking off more days then I really should. In the winter I take off a lot of days because it is normally way too cold to run outside and it can get really boring running the same thing every day on the treadmill. I also will take a few days off in the summer because sometimes it is way too hot outside to run or I am on vacation and don’t fell like running very much.
                This week is the week after my track season so it is one of the few weeks in a year when I actually take every day off of running, seven days in a row. Other than that I try to run every week because I have to prepare for or am in my cross country or track season.  I really need to take this break each year because it can get a little tiring to run most days of every week. I’m sure this week will fly by and be over before I know it.  (429)

No comments:

Post a Comment