Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

State Track


               State track will be in a few weeks. I am very excited if I am able actually able to qualify for state. I have gone to state track for the last two years as an alternate and I am hoping that I will at least be able to go to state as an alternate again this year but I would really like to actually qualify or be on a relay team that qualifies so I can run at the state meet.
                This week we have a junior varsity meet on Monday then a varsity meet on Thursday. Next week we have are conference meet on Thursday and then are state qualifying meet the following week. After that we only have state and then the season will be over. This season has seemed to go by really fast especially considering many of our meets have been cancelled this season because of the weather. I will be really sad to see this season come to an end because after that I only have one high school track season left.
                Since my season is almost over I want to be able to end the season on a good note and one way to do that is to qualify for state. My freshman year I was an alternate in the 4 by 800 and my sophomore year I qualified in the 4 by 100 and the distance medley. This year I would actually like to qualify and run at state. If I were to qualify for state I would probably qualify in an event in which I run a four hundred because that’s the only thing that I have been running all year.
                I would really like to qualify for state because I think it would be really cool to be able to run at state and I have really enjoyed going to state in the past. State track lasts for three days and we get to stay in a hotel with the track team. It would also be great to qualify because I have been working hard and training all year for all my meets and so I could go to state and it would suck to be unable to go after all the training I’ve down but if I am unable to go this year then I will just have to work really hard in the next year so I have a chance to qualify next season. (405)

No comments:

Post a Comment