Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Coaches


                Coaches have a big impact on your training during any sports season. Coaches encourage you and help you train to perform your best during your season. Without coaches you may feel lost as to what you need to practice and work on to improve. Coaches tell you what you need to work on and improve on to run your best.
                During cross country season I have had the same coach in the last three years. My coach is a great cross country coach because he knows what he is doing and what we need to run each day in practice in order to be able to compete and run the best that we can. My coach also gives me pointers on what I need to work on and what I need to improve like the different aspects of my running form.
                In track season I have had a different coach each year. I have always had the same head coach which is also the same coach as my cross country coach but the sprinting coaches who normally are more in charge of the sprinter practices have been different each year. My first two coaches that I had had us run similar things in practice but the coach I have this year has us running pretty differently practices then before.
My coach this year is a college student at a nearby college who got injured so she can’t run track this year. Her practices are mainly different from before because the mainly focus more on training for four hundred meter events when in the past they normally focused more on training of one hundreds and two hundreds. It can be kind of difficult to have to get se to a new coach every year but once you get used to their coaching styles they can help you improve you’re running.
Coaches are really important to a runner’s development. Without coaches it would be harder to know what you need to run for practice and the things you need to do to improve your running. Coaches help you train to compete and run your best and they also can encourage you to try hard and to run at the best of your ability. Without my coaches, I would be in a very different place in my running then where I am now. (390)

No comments:

Post a Comment