Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Last Seasons


                As I was saying in my last blog post, my track season this year has officially come to an end and I plan to take a week off before starting to train for my cross country season. The end of this track season is kind of a big deal to me because I am a junior this year so now I only have one high school track season left, ever. I also only have one cross country season left in my high school career and it is kind of scary to think that my years running cross country and track will be over soon.

                Next year is not only my last season of high school track and cross country but it also may be my last seasons of running cross country and track in general. I really enjoy cross country and track, they are one of my most favorite parts of high school and I will really miss them. It would be nice to be able to continue running cross country and track but I don’t think that is going to work out for me.

                College track and cross country is much more challenging then high school in most cases and also much more time consuming. I also am not a very good runner so I probably won’t be able to actually be a part of a college track or high school team not them I am too disappointed by that because there are some other things that I will probably want to focus more on in college then track and cross country and I don’t think I am that dedicated to the sports to continue in college.  

                While it may not really be an option for me to run as part of a college cross country or track team I would still like to continue to run at least on my own when I am in college. I still really enjoy running and don’t want to completely give it up so I think I would still want to continue my running in college and if possible maybe even join some type of running club in college.

                I am really sad that next year is my last season of high school cross country and track because I enjoy the sports so much and there is still so much that I hoped to accomplished in the sports that I am yet to accomplish. I hope that I am able to also enjoy my last seasons in high school and I want to continue to run even when I graduate. (428)

No comments:

Post a Comment