Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Running on Vacation


Each summer I normally go on a few vacations. In the summer I also need to run as often as possible in preparation for the approaching track season. I have to run during the summer in order to get in shape and to get faster by the start of the cross country season. Running every day during the summer can become kind of a drag and hard to continue to do but it is especially hard to keep up my running when I am on vacation.
While I enjoy running for the most part it can be really hard to make myself run during the summer. In the summer I normally just want to relax and hang out with my friends so running each day can be a challenge and I normally only actually end up running five out of the seven days in a week. During vacation it becomes even more of a challenge to make myself run during the week.
Each year after the fourth of July my family normally goes on vacation to Minnesota where we stay in cabins by a lake. We swim, fish, go boating, go tubing and skiing and we relax on the beach. I love going to Minnesota and staying in the cabins and look forward to it each year because it is so much fun. When I am laying on the beach in Minnesota or even just relaxing by doing nothing the last thing that I want to do is go on a run but I always know that I need to at least run a few days on my vacation to stay in shape and in order to not make all my previous training a waste by taking a week off and having to start all over again.
It is always important for me to make sure that I continue my summer running through my vacation even if I don’t really want to. I need to make sure that I am running so that I am in shape for cross country season and can improve my times during cross country season. It is hard for me to run on vacation because I just want to relax but I always know that I really need to run and my sisters and my dad also help remind me that I need to make sure I am running and so they help to motivate my running during vacation. (404)

No comments:

Post a Comment