Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Why I Enjoy Running


                I sometimes wonder why I run. Running can be really hard and challenging and sometimes I would much rather sleep in or stay inside and sit on the couch and watch television but yet I still try to run every day and challenge myself by working hard and running cross country and track.
                Cross Country and track are the hardest sports that I have participated in and many people also agree they are one of the most challenging and difficult sports in the school. When I tell my friends that I ran six miles the other day for fun they are impressed that I can run that far and are surprised that I would want to.  And I even tend to question why I would want to run that far too.
                Running is challenging and difficult but I normally enjoy it for the most part once I actually start running. For me the hardest part of running is finding the motivation to run. I never want to run on my own because there always seems to be something else I can be doing. But once I force myself to go on a run I actually enjoy running. Running can be relaxing when I am stressed because it helps me clear my head and it is great exercise so I always feel better about myself during and after I finish my run.
                Another reason that I enjoy running cross country and track is because of the great people that are a part of my team. A lot of my friends are cross country or track runners and I enjoy getting to spend time with them even if by spending time together that means running.  All the great people I get to run with on my team helps to create a great environment  that helps me to enjoy running cross country and track.
                Even though track and cross country are difficult and challenging sports I still find them to be enjoyable most of the time. It can be hard to find motivation to run, I am able to enjoy running because it relieves stress and is a good workout. I also get to run with the great people that are on my team.
(371)

No comments:

Post a Comment