Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Running Music


                I really enjoy listening to music. In fact I am listening to music right now as I am writing this post for my blog. I also really enjoy running, obviously because that is the topic of my blog. It is great to be able to combine two of the things that I really enjoy, running and listening to music. Running can be boring and so listening to music while I run makes it more exciting.

                Running and listening to music can also motivate you while you are running. Since running can be boring especially if you are running long distances or running on a treadmill, listening to music can help motivate you to run longer because it gives you something else to do when you are running.

                The music that helps to motivate me when I am running and that helps make my runs more exciting is faster, upbeat, happy music. If I listen to slower music it sometimes makes me runner slower because I will start to run the pace of the music. Listening to slower music can also be depressing.  I also like to listen to music that has the word running or run somewhere in the song. I like to listen to I Just Wanna Run by the Downtown Fiction, Runaway Baby by Bruno Mars or Run This Town by Jay Z.  

                Because it is winter I have been forced to run inside more because it is so cold outside. Running inside means that I have to run on a treadmill which is extremely boring so I always blast the music when I run on my treadmill. Without listening to music when I run on the treadmill I probably wouldn’t last ten minutes because I get so bored but because I listen to music I am able to runner for a longer period of time. My sister also likes to listen to music when she was runs on a treadmill. She will even sing along to the songs when she runs.

                Running and listening to music helps to inspire and motivate me to run longer and further. Without listening to music on some of my runs, I would be really bored and wouldn’t run as far as I would if I was listening to music. I really enjoy listening to music and running so I’m glad that I can do both at the same time.
(398)

No comments:

Post a Comment