Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Running in College


            Now that I am a junior in high school it is important for me to start thinking about college because it will be here sooner than I think. While I normally tend to enjoy running track and cross country I’m not sure if I want to run cross country or track in college.

            Deciding to run in college or not probably won’t affect my decision of where I want to go to college that much because I’m not a very talented runner I’m more of just an average runner so I won’t get any scholarships to any schools to run for a college. I can still run in college though if I run in a club or something. Some of the old cross country runners that were on my team and are now in college run in clubs for their college and they seem to enjoy running in the clubs and it’s a good chance to meet new people so I may decide to run on a club.

            For those people who actually want to run for a college and are good enough to run for a college it can be a much more difficult decision to make. If I was a talented enough runner I would have probably wanted to run for a college. My sister is a really good runner and she has always wanted to run on a team in college. My sister was a senior this year and she was considering two different schools to go to and their running programs really factored into her decision. My sister was considering going to either University of Northern Iowa or Nebraska Omaha. She finally made her decision about a week ago to go to Nebraska Omaha because while both schools would have probably had about the same education she thought that Omaha had a better running program that would challenge her more than Northern Iowa would.

            Making the decision on where to go to college is really difficult but I also have to decide if I want to continue to run in college. I think that even if I don’t run on the team or as part of a club I at least want to run on my own so I can stay healthy and in shape and also just because I really enjoy running.
(387)

No comments:

Post a Comment