Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Signing


Yesterday was the signing day for most sports teams, including cross country and track. Signing day can be a very big deal for athletes who are able to get a scholarship to a school to participate as an athlete in one of the sports at a certain college.

            Due to cold weather and bad road conditions because of snow, the signing that was supposed to take place at my school yesterday had to be postponed until today. Some athletes, especially those who are signing to play football at a school, still signed yesterday but many athletes like those in track and in cross country still have to sign today.

            I am not signing because I am still a junior and am also not fast enough to go and run for a college but my older sister will be signing today. She is getting a scholarship to go and run cross country and track at University of Nebraska Omaha and she is very excited to sign today. My school also has a few basketball and soccer athletes who will be signing as well as someone who will be signing for track and field. At the signing different athletes will sign to the school of their choosing and members of their family and friends will be there supporting them. At the signing the coaches and athletes will also say a few words and everyone will eat cake.

            Signing can be a very big deal because while most athletes are already committed to go to a certain school, signing the paper makes the deal more official. I will be attending my sisters signing as well as my parents. It is exciting because my sister loves to run and really enjoys cross country and now she is able to continue running cross country with a scholarship that is for University of Nebraska Omaha.

            I was also excited for signing day because I got to see all of the athletes that signed to play football for my favorite college team, Iowa State. Iowa State signed a very good receiver, Lazard form Urbandale, Iowa and I am excited to see how well he plays for the Iowa State Football team next year.

            Getting to sign for a school is a big deal because athletes are able to get a scholarship to continue the sport they enjoy participating in when they are in college. Signing can also be a big deal for the coaches at the colleges because they get to welcome new athletes to their team.
(420)
                       

 

No comments:

Post a Comment