Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Eating Before Running


                Before going on a run, you have to decide if you should eat before you run or not.  You should eat before you go on a run but you should eat about thirty minutes before you run not five seconds before you run.

                I have to admit that I have literally eaten right before I have gone on a run. If I haven’t eaten in a while and then I decide to go on a run, I normally get very hungry when I am running.  But if I eat right when I am going to run it can give me a stomach ache. In the summer, a lot of times I would walk outside to start my run and I would have food in my hand that I am eating and its normally not very healthy food so it doesn’t always agree with me when I run.

                According to Runners Magazine, if you don’t eat before you run, your body will attack your muscles not your fat and so to help prevent that you should eat before you run. This especially applies to longer distance running, if you are just running under thirty minutes it shouldn’t affect your muscles as much.  If you are running less than thirty minutes then you probably don’t really need to eat before you run though eating before you run may help prevent you from becoming hungry during your run.

                If you do decide to eat before you run, you should try to eat healthier foods. You don’t want to eat candy and junk food before you run because that could make you feel sick. You should eat foods that will help fuel you when you are running like apples, bananas and granola bars.

                Eating before you run will help fuel you when you are running and help prevent you from feeling hungry before you run.  But if you eat unhealthy foods before you run or you eat a few minutes before running it could make you feel sick during your run so you should eat healthier foods about thirty minutes or so before you start your run.  (353)

                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment