Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pack Running


Running in groups is a great strategy to use when you are racing. If you are running in a pack during a race it can help not only your race but the other people in your packs race as well. Running in a group for practice can also be very useful because the people you run with in practice you can also run with in a race.

            If you are on a fairly large team it can be easier to create packs to run in. If you have a few people on your team it can be a good idea to form a group to run in. I haven’t done much pack running in races this year but the few times I have I have found it very helpful. In my races I always try to find someone on my team who I can try to keep up with during a race. If I try to follow someone on my team who is in front of me it encourages me to run faster to keep up with them. This year I am very lucky to have about six people whose times are very similar to mine and who I can run with in a pack. In one of my races I ran in a pack for part of my race with two of my teammates KD and KC and we all encouraged each other to run faster and to pass other racers.

Running in a pack helps not only your running but also your teammates running. When you are running in a pack everyone helps to encourage each other to run faster and to stay in the pack. In a pack it also seems easier to pass other racers. Someone in your pack can take the initiative to speed up your pack for a short distance in order to pass some of the other racers.

It is also important when you are in a pack to make sure that none of your pack members are falling behind. If one of your teammates starts to fall behind you can try to be encouraging and to tell them to try to stay up with you for the rest of the race. If you are falling behind, other teammates encouraging you can help you to stay with them for the rest of the race.

Running in a pack can be a very useful and helpful race strategy. If you have a group of people you run with in practice you can also run with them in a pack during a race. Running in packs helps not only you but your other teammates by encouraging each other to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment